Startup cleaner Trojan Horse detector
StartEd is a tool which helps you to control your Windows startup process. It recognizes startup programs which are either obsolete or memory hogs. You can safely disable such items in order to increase your computer's performance. StartEd detects also more than 150 Trojan Horses, the most destructive and dangerous species of computer viruses. It allows you to backup and restore your startup configurations. StartEd displays detailed info about the functionality of every System Service so that even novice users are able to manage their startup configuration. A warning message will be displayed when a System Service vital for your computer's stability is about to get disabled. You get also the ability to uninstall programs directly from StartEd.
StartEd Pro is a $19 shareware. A freeware edition of StartEd (for private and educational usage) is available as a separate download.
What can you do with StartEd?
- View, Edit, Delete, Disable and Add entries to your program startup configuration
- Backup and Restore of your startup configurations
- Detect obsolete startup items and unneeded memory hogs
- Manage System Services with detailed notes and description
- See new startup items since last StartEd use
- Show detailed information about every startup entry
- Launch files
- Uninstall programs
- Create shortcuts on desktop (useful for temporary disabled items)
- Print out and copy startup list to clipboard
- StartEd recognizes more than 150 Trojan Horses in the Startup configuration and displays a warning message
Version: 5.20(10 Jan 2009) - starte.exe
Displays memory hogs and non essential Startup items in a specific (rosy) color.
You can safely disable such items in order to increase your computer's performance. Improved compability with other Anti Virus software.
Version: 4.20(16 Feb 2008)
Among Trojan Horse database update and bug fixes, a feature has been added to look up startup entries on Internet.
Tags: | Trojan Horses | Winini | Startup Configuration
|(starte.exe - 2.01 MB)|