Eliminate the frustrations of the Command Prompt with a modern command line tool
Eliminate the frustrations of the old Windows Command Prompt once and for all with PromptPal - a thoroughly modern command line tool.
PromptPal is a replacement GUI (graphical user interface) for the command prompt console, previously known as the DOS prompt. It turns the antiquated console into a friendly and helpful Windows program, whilst still routing all your instructions through Microsoft's dependable command processor.
PromptPal is highly configurable, and provides full Windows-style editing, command completion, syntax help, command history, save to file (ideal for creating batch files), integration with Windows Explorer and much more. PromptPal also has an optional band that lives on your Windows task bar and acts like a hybrid of the Windows "Run..." box and the command prompt.
Version: 126.96.36.199(25 Aug 2008)
- Improved compatibility with non-English systems that frequently use special characters (e.g German umlaut)
- Added ability to change info bar text & background color (File->Configure->Preferences Tab)
- Updated Installer
Version: 188.8.131.52(25 Jan 2007)
- Improved switch parsing when adding new commands - now more tolerant of blank line placement
- Abort command now clears drop lists and clears any partially entered command
- Shift-Tab now works backwards during file auto-complete
Version: 184.108.40.206(10 Apr 2007)
- Installer modified to get round a remaining DEP problem under Vista / Server 2003 SP2
Version: 1.5.5(01 Mar 2007)
- Changes to increase compatibility with various security software, and with hardware DEP on Vista.
- Fix to drag and drop problem under Vista
- Whitespace no longer stripped from command line (better for Python interpreter, for example)
- FTP now set to launch in external console
Version: 1.5.4(04 Jan 2007)
Fixed incompatibility with certain Computer Associates products
Tags: | Command Line | Command Prompt
|( - 2.08 MB)|