MITCalc - Timing Belts Calculation 1.18
Geometric design and strength check of timing belt transmission
The calculation is designed for a geometrical design and strength check of toothed belt transmissions. Application is
developed in MS Excel, is multi-language, supports Imperial and Metric units and solves the following main tasks:
- Selection of the type of belt with a suitable output power.
- Selection of an optimum transmission alternative in view of power, geometry and weight.
- Option of designing a non-standard transmission.
- Calculation of all necessary strength and geometrical parameters.
- Calculation of power parameters and axis loads.
- Support of 2D CAD (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD, Ashlar Graphite, TurboCAD) and 3D CAD in full
calculation package (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Pro/E).
The application works with CAD systems and includes the respective models of pulleys and belts. The calculations
use procedures, algorithms and data from ANSI, RMA (Rubber Manufacturers Association), ISO, DIN, BS and basic
documents from catalogues of companies ContiTech(r) and Gates Rubber Company(r). The database of belts
includes the 20 most frequently used types of toothed belts.
Used standards: Synchronous Belts ANSI/RMA IP-24, 1983; DIN 7721; DIN ISO 5296; ISO 5295; ISO 5294 This
module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives,
springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connection, tolerances and many others.
Version: 1.18(31 Aug 2012)
Version: 1.17(14 Jun 2011)
Version: 1.16(10 Jan 2010)
Version: 1.15(16 Sep 2008)
Version: 1.14(22 May 2007)
Tags: | Strength Check | Belt
|(MITCalcTBelts01.exe - 1.50 MB)|