MITCalc - Buckling Calculation 1.18
Calculation of the slender strut (column) buckling
The program is designed to calculate the optimum cross-section and perform strength check of slender struts
strained for buckling. The program includes:
- Selection of six basic types of buckling.
- Calculation of area characteristics of 20 types of cross-sections.
- Design of optimum profile accommodating the set load.
- Strength check of the strut.
- Calculation and graphical representation of permitted stress dependent on slenderness rate.
- A table of materials and a table of area characteristics of W, S, C and L profiles according to ANSI/AISC and I, U,
L and T profiles according to DIN/ISO.
The calculation is based on data, procedures, algorithms (Johnson, Tetmajer, Euler, Secant) and data from
specialized literature and AISC, ISO, DIN and BS standards.
List of standards (DIN 1025, 1026, 1028, 1029, 1024, AISC W, S, C, L, LU ... ) This module is a part of MITCalc -
Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives, springs, beam, shaft, bolt
connection, shaft connections, tolerances and many others
Version: 1.18(31 Aug 2012)
Version: 1.17(14 Jun 2011)
Version: 1.16(10 Jan 2010)
Version: 1.15(16 Sep 2008)
Version: 1.14(22 Jun 2006)
Tags: | Stress | Column | Safety | Beam
|(MITCalcBuckling01.exe - 1.49 MB)|