Centrally monitor and analyze any log your systems and applications can generate
LogMeister is a powerful solution to centrally monitor and analyze virtually any log your systems and applications can generate including Event Logs, text logs, RSS and more. It can be used for many purposes, including early detection of security violations and hardware failure, detecting website downtime, application and system debugging, error management across networks, monitoring of web server log files, or even watching for items of interest in RSS feeds. LogMeister will alert you to critical events throughout your network, facilitate central archiving of log data and assist with analysis and meeting audit requirements. As LogMeister is a centralized monitoring solution there is no need to install agents on monitored PC's and servers.
LogMeister gathers information from logs throughout your network. Incoming data is scanned to look for entry patterns of interest. If these are detected LogMeister can perform a variety of actions and alerts including sending email, writing to log, running scripts, batch files or applications and displaying popup messages and sound alerts.
The LogMeister log viewer presents gathered log data in a consistent, easy to read format. You can merge data from multiple logs for easier timeline analysis, filter, sort and reorganize columns, and create multiple views of the same data. At the click of a button you can export a view in various formats including text, csv, xml, formatted HTML reports and RSS feeds.
Data can be exported in a variety of formats (text, csv, xml, formatted HTML reports and RSS feeds) according to various triggers. This makes it easy to import data into a database or into analysis applications such as Excel or Crystal Reports. You can even publish your event logs as RSS feeds.
Version: 184.108.40.206(10 Nov 2009)
- Added new Date/Time tab to Event feed properties. Provides manual control over DST and timezone correction where needed (counters bugs in recent MS patches for Vista/Svr 2008)
- csv bug "Export to file".
- licensing bug on PCs with registry issues.
- date/time text parsing for 12 hr clock
Version: 220.127.116.11(20 Jul 2009)
- The DST workaround, formerly for US systems running with Microsoft's DST patch, has now been extended to work on UK (GMT) systems. This is to counter incorrect timestamps returned by WMI on systems running Vista / Server 2008 after the installation of Service Pack 2.
Version: 18.104.22.168(18 Mar 2008)
- Added DST Correction option as a workaround for a bug in Event Log timestamps introduced by the Microsoft Daylight Saving Time patch on US/Canadian systems.
- Updated installer. It now takes the following new command line parameters: /SVCACCT="YourAccount" and /SVCPWD="YourPassword"
Version: 22.214.171.124(28 Apr 2008)
- Added option to Text Log Wizard to deal with logs that are rewritten periodically to limit their size. This can be set on existing feeds by right-clicking on the feed and choosing "Wizard..." from the resulting popup menu.
- Raised cap on notification sensitivity from 10 to 70
- Updated installer
Version: 3.0(14 Jan 2008)
1. Custom reports / Custom Outputting and Archiving Formats
2. Option to Run script, batch file or executable when scheduled report or data archive is generated.
3. Bulk event feed creation from an external file
4. New XML Feed Type
5. Text logs - option for close to real time updates
Version: 2.6.2(18 Apr 2007)
- Added ability to change the text that is used to assign icons to event
- Improved compatibility with hardware DEP on Vista.
Version: 2.6.1(20 Feb 2007)
- Changes to ensure correct icon used for German event log entries.
- Compatibility fix for certain CA products.
Version: 2.6(01 Dec 2006)
- Vista compatibility.
- "Catch events as they arrive" is now the default event log retrieval method.
- New filter rule, allowing construction of notifications and filters that require a date/time to be within the last X hours or days.
Tags: | Monitoring | Event Log
|(logm.exe - 4.32 MB)|