Server application for user internet access control and network security
Esomo is a back-end application intended for user internet access controlling. User traffic tracking is individually customized for each user. If a user exceeds the specified traffic and/or connection time, Esomo will disconnect one from the internet. At this point, the user will be able to access the free networks.
Esomo consists of two software components: server and client. The server part of Esomo is implemented on FreeBSD 6.2, one of the most reliable operational systems. It includes a set of adjusted and ready-to-use services:
- NAT allows you to use a single internet provider connection to ensure internet access for a whole local network;
- Firewall protects users from external threats;
- VPN server makes it possible to connect distant offices into a united network;
- RADIUS server and the digital certificates high-security module protects Wi-Fi networks from hacker attacks by using the highest cryptographically secure standards;
- DHCP servers allows a user to automatically assign IP-addresses to local network computers;
- The built-in report generator helps customize user network activity statistics and to create reports.
For working of the Esomo's server part, a separate computer with two netcards installed is required, but the system can be tested in VMware as well.
Esomo servers can be administrated via a user-friendly remote administration client application on any Windows-computer in the network. The application allows the administrator to quickly and comfortably:
- control user accounts and digital certificates;
- limit internet traffic for each user;
- view the statistics, print out reports and invoice users;
- change configuration of the Esomo server and of network services with no need to restart the system;
- import user lists from Active Directory.
Usage of Esomo does not require any special skills. Thanks to the easy installation process and adjustment, you can create a reliable internet access controlling system in a few minutes.
Tags: | Firewall | Vpn | Accounting | Router
|(esomo.iso - 133.04 MB)|