ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit 2.1
Enhance applications or scripts with network socket communciations capabilities
|Updated:||13 Apr 2013|
Toolkit to enhance your applications or scripts with client/server network socket communication, automated telnet sessions, wake up on lan (Wake On Lan, WOL), RSH (remote shell script) capabilities and more. Use this component with ASP, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET, Visual C++, Visual C# .NET or VBScript application/tool. Based on Microsoft's Winsock modules.
Samples for all platforms and development tools are provided. Use this ActiveX control for different purposes:
- To automate Telnet sessions; for instance, configurations for network switches (3COM, Cisco) are normally done via telnet sessions. You can use ActiveSocket to automate these telnet sessions, hiding passwords and specific configuration menu's from the operators. In combination with a we server, you can delegate specific tasks to operators. Operates use the web-interface; the web-application (ActiveSocket) establishes the actual Telnet session;
- To create your own client/server applications; your server-application listens for an incoming connection on a specific port, while your client application makes a connection to it;
- To enhance your applications with client/server technologies;
- To query servers and devices using the SNMP protocol;
- To run a Shell Script on a remote UNIX or LINUX computer that runs the RSH (Remote Shell Script) daemon;
- Wake up On Lan (Wake On Lan, WOL); wake up machines based on their MAC address;
ActiveSocket can be used on Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows .NET platforms.
Visit http://www.activexperts.com/activsocket to view online samples.
(ASocket.exe - 1.07 MB)